Friday, December 16, 2011

1st Semester Final

In this post I will writing about what I have learned about in summary of this semester in school. Firstly, I am going to take a look at my insect gathering, and classification project this year. Secondly, I will review what I remember about genetics. Lastly, I will also summarize what I remember about DNA. So let's begin.


Insects:
1) Sadly, my experience with the insect collection is not one of the greatest I was unable to be there on almost over half of the days, so in my off time between work, and church I would stop to catch an occasional insect. Other than that it was great... I was able to leave the school to search for insects in some of the most beautiful weather of the year. It was a blast.

Along with the insect collection was the classification, and pinning of insects. It wasn't as fun as the collecting due to not being able to figure out what is the difference between certain insects. But pinning them wasn't nearly as bad as classifying.

Genetics:
2) Along with the genetic section came the genetic disorders, and posting project. In which my fellow classmates and myself were to post on this website two genetic disorders that we had researched. In my case I had chose Hemophilia A, and Sickle Cell Anemia. I had no problem in this case being in class, and I had excelled in the testing in this area as well.

Here is a website that I used for one of the genetic disorders:
http://www.umm.edu/blood/sickle.htm

DNA
3) This was probably my favorite section for many reasons, in which case are:
  • I was able to eat after making a double helix model out of various food items.
  • Everything came so naturally to me.
  • The idea of how many strands of DNA and what it is made of are in the human body.
  • Etc.

This was definitely fun, and also I was able to work with my sister in this section.

This is what I have learned this semester: Insects and their classifications, Genetics and genetic disorders, DNA and the many various subjects covered by this (I.E. Shape, size, what it consists of, what to look for in DNA.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the type of post that can be used as an example post for an A&P class next semester. Either for format needed, or not wanted.